This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Le Petit Marseillais. All opinions are mine alone. #SoFreshSoFrench #CollectiveBias
Homemade Body Scrub withLe Petit Marseillais™
After spending my weekend doing house renovations and staying indoors, I have been on major skin prep mode. I leave for Coachella in less than a week and I have been on a mission to transform my dry winter skin for the spring. Luckily, staying in this weekend gave me the perfect opportunity to make my homemade body scrub and finish everything off with my latest skin obsession, Le Petit Marseillais™.
I think there is a huge misconception in homemade remedies to treat your skin. Often times we feel like if its “homemade” or DIY it’s often difficult or takes a long time to prepare. I can tell you right now, my body scrub contains two ingredients that you will probably already have in your kitchen. All you will need is:
- Measuring Spoons
- Coconut Oil
- Small Mixing bowl
- In your small mixing bowl add a teaspoon (or two if you really want to scrub) of sugar into the bowl.
- After you add your desired amount of sugar, add a tablespoon of coconut oil. (if coconut oil is in a solid form, microwave it for 10-15 seconds to create a liquid consistency before adding)
- For larger body parts, feel free to double your sugar and coconut oil amounts.
- Mix with your spoon so sugar does not settle to the bottom of the bowl.
- Using the spoon, pour a palm sized amount into your hand and work into desired body part.
- Scrub for 10-12 seconds and then wash off with Le Petit Marseillais™ Mandarin & Lime Extra Gentle Shower Gel.
- Finish off with Le Petit Marseillais™ Shea Butter, Sweet Almond & Argan Oil Nourishing Body Milk Lotion.
I live in an extreme dry climate, so making sure I treat my skin is essential. Not being a huge lotion/moisturizer person also has posed a major problem when it comes to body maintenance. It honestly takes a killer product for me to see the worth in justing it regularly. Recently I found out that one of France’s biggest beauty secrets is out – say “Bonjour” to Le Petit Marseillais, France’s #1 body wash brand that is finally here in America. This carefully-curated Walmart collection has been available since March and features 17 products, located in the specialty bath & body aisle, where loofahs are sold. The collection includes an assortment of eight body/hand moisturizers, two liquid hand soaps, six body washes and a bar soap with prices ranging from $3.99 – $7.97 in Walmart stores and Walmart.com!
After giving myself a full body polish with my homemade scrub, using the Le Petit Marseillais™ line was quite a delight. The products felt and smelled fresh and bright, while nourishing my skin. I would have to say that my favorite part was that the body washes are paraben-free, phthalate-free, pH balanced, and not tested on animals. I even keep the Le Petit Marseillais™ Shea Butter, Sweet Almond & Argan Oil Nourishing Hand Cream in my purse at all times!
Now skin ready for Coachella this week I encourage you all to give yourself a little skin TLC. Try out my homemade body scrub and check out Le Petit Marseillais™ in Wal-mart stores now! I’d love to hear what you think in the comments!
Photos: Taylor Grayson